backup software recommendations?

Author: Alex Dean
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: backup software recommendations?
I need backup software for a home network. Mix of Linux and OSX
machines. Will be using an external HDD for backup media. The backup
server will run on one of the OSX machines, since it's the only
non-laptop I have. I'm mainly looking for something that's easy to
configure and has minimal resource consumption.

I've read a bit about BackupPC and Bacula. So far, BackupPC seems
preferable because it looks much simpler. (No client software to
install. Cool!) I'm interested in any opinions about these 2 packages,
or recommendations on other programs I ought to have a look at.

thanks,
alex