Re: drive recovery

Author: Kevin Faulkner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: drive recovery
> (this indicates a possible electronics package failure).
>
> what I need to do is this: I need to get my data off the drive and
> onto a backup.
>
> does anyone happen to have a spare electronics package laying around

What do you mean by electronics package?? I hope your not just planning on
swapping the PCB (Printed Circuit Board or Primary Controller Board, it varies).
If you swap with the wrong one you could be worse off. When swapping those out
you need to be very precise with Western Digitals you need to be aware of the
Site Code as well as the top number/letter combo, i think with yours it might be
something like: AMR <number here> or AMK I don't remember something like that
though. I know what its like to loose data, keep us informed.