drive recovery

Author: Technomage Hawke
To: plug-discuss
Subject: drive recovery
ok guys, I am in immediate need of some help here.

I just had a western digital WD500ks fail on me. it started with some
filesystem errors about 3 hours ago and after I restarted the machine,
it failed to be detected in BIOS and makes a loud clack on startup
(this indicates a possible electronics package failure).

what I need to do is this: I need to get my data off the drive and
onto a backup.

does anyone happen to have a spare electronics package laying around
or know of a place here in town that can help me?
all my personal data is on this drive.

HELP!!!!!!!

- Eric