Migration

Author: Trent Shipley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Migration
I am currently using OpenSuSE 10.2 on a machine that I built in 2000. The
machine has broken a couple of times, so there have been upgrades.
Nevertheless, it labors running 10.2. I haven't been disappointed with SuSE,
but it's not the same under Novel.

I'd like to migrate to a cheap new box (or laptop) and switch to a new distro,
probably Ubuntu. I am also a KDE user and I'm seriously thinking about
switching to Gnome. (How much market share does KDE have?) The main problem
I forsee is that all my e-mail is in Kmail, and I'm not sure what would be
involved in migrating to another mail client. I've heard nice things about
Pegasus Mail.