Re: Migration

+ (text/html)
Author: James Mcphee
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Migration
If you're stuck on the ubuntu idea, kubuntu runs kde by default and has
kmail. I would not recommend it over opensuse.

I'm quite happy with my standard ubuntu install, or was until I upgraded to
the Hardy beta and my window buttons stopped working for a few hours. That
uses Evolution as it's mail proggy.

I agree with Kurt that Ubuntu has a long ways to go before it's as
consistent as Suse or Redhat. I think it's worth the effort.

I also run Gentoo, but that's more a distro for masochists. My mail program
on there is pine and I don't run X. It will run X fine, but I like
terminals on big screens.

--
James McPhee