Re: Ubuntu and Dell

Author: Joshua Zeidner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Ubuntu and Dell
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Matt Graham <> wrote:
> From: "Eric \"Shubes\"" <>
>
> > Anyone been to the Ubuntu home page lately? It's sporting Dell desktop and
> > notebooks which come with Ubuntu preloaded (and certified).
>
> "Dude! They've SOLD OUT! Bummer, man! I was using Ubuntu *before* it
> was mainstream! Their early CDs were, like, really something...."
> *cough*

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure they've 'SOLD OUT!'... but rather found a way to
finance what they want to do, which is work on Ubuntu, I'm not sure if
its right to suspect some kind of devious motive. As long as they are
using legitimate OSS licenses, whats the difference? In the end, the
quality of Ubuntu will increase. It seems to me that Linux people
have some very deeply ingrained phobia of all commercial transactions.
Sure Dell is going to find all sorts of ways to exploit the
community, and its our job to keep track of those things and keep each
other informed. See link below ;) .

-jmz

--
http://www.joshuazeidner.com/