Where do I start? VPN

Author: Wayne Davis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Where do I start? VPN
Hello all,

I need to setup a VPN between my home network and my portable that uses
a Sprint Aircard. I've never done this and have no idea how to proceed.
It SEEMS that VPN's only work between 2 static sites, but I know that
cannot be correct.

On the local side, I use a monowall appliance on cox broadband, and it
will a Kubuntu box that I want to see the most. On the portable side, it
will be both Kubuntu and XP. I have identified that here in Phoenix,
the aircard can use 6 possible Ip blocks.

Direction?

TIA :-)