OT: Help - Need some trace routes to myspace

+ (text/html)
Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: Arizona State University Linux Users Group, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: OT: Help - Need some trace routes to myspace
Ok, one of the companies I support demanded access to myspace today. I
don't ever recall blocking it at the main office, nor can I find any
blocks at any level of my network (save my remote offices, which I do
block) , but I can not seem to connect to myspace.com / www.myspace.com
<http://www.myspace.com/> on any of the machines that share a common
internet connection (Three domains with different DNS). This is true
for windows and Linux, konquorer, Firefox, and internet explorer. I can
reach the yahoo & Google cached pages, and I can reach the site through
www.the-cloak.com <http://www.the-cloak.com/> , though this looks and
feels like a cached page and not all elements are functional.

Trace routs fail at the first hop.

Before I call my ISP and say "What's Up!" I would like to make sure the
site is not actually down. Could I get a few trace routes from you
guys?

For what it is worth, I resolve to 216.178.39.12, 216.178.39.13, etc for
www.myspace.com <http://www.myspace.com/> and 216.178.38.104,
216.178.38.116, etc. for myspace.com

Bryan O'Neal
Cornerstone Homes & Development, Inc.