Re: ot: Fourth Amendment... gone forever?

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ot: Fourth Amendment... gone forever?
On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:41 -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
> > http://isen.com/blog/2008/02/fisa-update-senate-fails-to-remove.html
>
> Unless the Constitution is amended then things like this can still be
> challenged in the courts.

----
not my thread, not wishing to take flak for promoting OT discussions
but...

I think there is something of a fundamental disconnect here, after all,
this is what we have in SCOTUS

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/12/scalia-torture/

which is hardly surprising coming from the progenitor of the order to
stop counting votes.

I have too little faith in any branch of our government in terms of
protecting our liberties...the executive, legislative, the judicial and
the mythical fourth branch occupied by that great duck hunter from
Wyoming.

Even the notion of - don't blame me, I didn't vote for anyone who signed
on to this gives little solace. Not that I live in his district, I will
be interested to see how Harry Mitchell ultimately votes for the
legislation that arises from House/Senate conference (the previously
approved House version does not include immunity for telecoms, which is
probably my greatest dispute with the bill approved in the Senate
today).

As Michael Moore asks in Sicko - "Who are we?"

I heavily recommend Sicko by the way and note that it is essentially
non-partisan.

Craig