Re: update to gutsy gibbon?

Author: Ted Gould
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: update to gutsy gibbon?
On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 12:34 -0700, betty wrote:
> now that i have all the updates on feisty fawn, and everything is
> running nicely...
> what would be the pros and cons of updating to gutsy gibbon?
> that is, why change what is not broken?

I think there are some nice new features in gutsy, but if you're happy I
wouldn't worry too much about it. Remember that security updates are
provided for 18 mo. on non-LTS releases (feisty is one) so you'll want
to plan on upgrading before October of 2008.

Also, Canonical provides free Ubuntu CDs through ShipIt. Get a few and
give them out to your friends! Saves on the download time.

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

        --Ted