Re: Free Software ATI drivers?

Author: Bill Jonas
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Free Software ATI drivers?
On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 10:55:21PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> I did finally find some info about what cards will be supported and at
> least one that's supposed to be pretty good was under $100. I had fears
> that only $400+ cards would be supported.

That's great news. I'm still using a Radeon 9200 since it seems to be
about the best that's supported by X.org without using closed drivers.
I was thinking that I might be upgrading motherboard, CPU, and RAM
shortly, and it'd be great if I didn't have to worry about whether or
not the board has AGP.

Not that I'm a big gamer anyway, but it's nice to play every once in a
while.

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step