Free Software ATI drivers?

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: Free Software ATI drivers?
moin moin,

anybody know how it's going in the development of the new drivers now that
we have specs?

I looked around last week and didn't see anything saying they're ready.

I did finally find some info about what cards will be supported and at
least one that's supposed to be pretty good was under $100. I had fears
that only $400+ cards would be supported.

I'm wanting a new dual-head card with Free Software drivers supporting
hardware acceleration on a dual-head setup. Actually I'm wanting 2 or 3 of
those cards. Hmm, make that 4.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "It is appallingly obvious that our technology exceeds our humanity."
#   -- Einstein