Re: link

Author: Jerry Davis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: link
yup that would do it.

you could also write a script that is fired off every minute via cron that
would do a dir of 1 to the other, and any missing files you could do a ln -s
of it, and vice versa for the other directory.

or create 2 named pipes and write to them, and have a job read from each and
do the ln -s from there too.

it all depends on how you slice it and dice it.

jerry

On Saturday 13 October 2007 08:14, Michael Havens wrote:
> Here is the situation:
>
> I have two 'documents' folders in my system. I want that whenever I write
> to either of them the file goes into one. would a simple symbolic link
> achieve this objective?

Happy Trails!
Jerry

KE7JVW
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune:
Q:    How many Harvard MBA's does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:    Just one.  He grasps it firmly and the universe revolves around him.