Re: LSI Logic Ultra 320 SCSI Card

Author: Darrin Chandler
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: LSI Logic Ultra 320 SCSI Card
On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 01:28:53AM -0700, Steven Wagner wrote:
> Anybody have experience with these under Linux? I'm trying to get a dual
> opteron server going with one and it's been nothing but headaches.

No, but I have an LSI MegaRaid 320 running on a dual opteron system
(amd64) on OpenBSD. Works without a hitch. LSI is pretty open with specs
and such, and there really shouldn't be much trouble under Linux. I
haven't had a lick of trouble under OpenBSD. Perhaps there's something
about the config on the card itself that's giving you trouble, or
something somewhere in the BIOS. My experience, and what I've heard
elsewhere, is that the LSI stuff is pretty good, a nicely supported.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |  Daemons in the Desert   |  Global BUG Federation