Mail Servers and DIY

Author: Nathan Aubrey
To: PLUG Discussion List
Subject: Mail Servers and DIY

I have been noticing more and more mail servers in the world will not accept
messages from my mail server. My mail server only accepts messages from the
local network, has a static IP, and yesterday I got the reverse dns setup.

But is there something else that needs to be done so other mail servers will
accept messages from me? Such as AOL? Juno? Some AT&T servers...

Is there a place to register a legitimate mail server or something? Or am I
left to contact all these places and inform them my mail server is legit?

Nathan