Re: Mail Servers and DIY

Author: Nathan Aubrey
To: PLUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: Mail Servers and DIY

> You shouldn't need to register. You need to find out why your email
> isn't going through by checking the logs, and if need be cranking up the
> logging level. Or if you're getting bounce messages they often tell you
> why.

Typically, it will say something like:

The message could not be delivered because the recipients destination email
system is unknown or invalid.
or
Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

Thanks to JD I have discovered part of the problem, though this issue does not
pertain to my paysonlinux.org domain.

My tld is not resolving, which is a problem, but because my registrar is no
longer with us, I am having problems changing DNS settings. I basically have
to wait for the domain to expire, then hope I can purchase it again with
another registrar...