fedora 7, ndiswrapper, belkin wireless desktop

+ (text/html)
Author: 'josh coffman'
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: fedora 7, ndiswrapper, belkin wireless desktop

I just put fedora 7 on my desktop, which has a belkin wireless desktop. lspci says its a broadcom 4318 rev 2. I've been trying to get it to work under fedora 7 and ndiswrapper. I even have the disk to get the driver.

It might be that I didn't have the bcm43xx_mac**** module blacklisted until last night and haven't tried it since. This is under F7 32bit and ndiswrapper 1.44.

I had it working with sabayon 3.3 mini 64bit. I'm not sure what version of ndiswrapper it had, but Sabayon would have had the most recent at the time 3.3 was released.

I've tried the bcmwl5 and bcmwl5a from my broadcom in my hp laptop (used one of those under sabayon), and I've tried the bcmwl5 driver from the belkin cd.

I'm really hoping that the problem was a conflict from bcm43xx_mac* being loaded.
If not then its probably ndiswrapper version or that sabayon was 64 bit. Any thoughts or reassurance that it might be the module conflict?

If this doesn't work, I'm switching to linux mint. Sabayon is nice, but package management by source is not my thing.

Thanks,
-j