Re: cox business broadband for home

Author: Jim
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: cox business broadband for home
I've seen other people's posts telling of their Qwest horror stories. I
can't doubt these exist. I've heard too many Qwest horror stories over
the years.

I've had DSL service for 6 years here. Most of that time I had other
ISPs, but always had Qwest for the DSL line itself. Once a couple of
years ago after it had been raining for a couple of days, my DSL service
died. I called Qwest to report the problem and got someone who insisted
I unplug the modem, wait a minute and plug it back in. After asking the
drone if he heard the static on the line, I finally got him to
understand that the problem was due to water getting into the line. My
service was down about 4 hours that day.

About a year ago I signed up for Qwest's basic service with a static IP
address. Not long after that I called to make a change to my service.
I soon found out how their sales people know little if anything about
the product they're selling. I lost my static IP addess. I called to
complain and found the sales drone had signed me up for MSN. It took
them a couple of days, but they undid the damage the sales drone had done.

Other than these two incidents, I've had good luck with them. Maybe
it's because I don't ask too much from them.

Why does Qwest have reasonable reliable service for some customers but
not others?

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0