Gigabit network hardware

Author: David
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Gigabit network system requirements
Subject: Gigabit network hardware
Well, the time has come. I got my tax returns and now I must upgrade my
home network. Currently, I have 100Mb wired with a linksys wap54g for our
laptops, etc. I would like to upgrade to Gigabit for the wired and
possibly something better than my linksys for wireless.

What are the recommendations for switches and NIC's? Also, how can I tell
if my current ethernet cables can hang with the new speeds?

/am I showing my network hardware ignorance enough? :)
Thanks,
David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."