XMMS question

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: XMMS question
Hello:
I have a dumb question about the XMMS audio player.
I ripped a large number of CDs to MP3 and put cdparanoia in "batch" mode
and shell-scripted the WAV files directly to lame, so the tags within
them all ended up in the format cdname.track##. I found this annoying,
so I processed the information in the CDDB files on my system until I
had a nice M3U playlist with album, artist and track name info in the
#EXTINF field for each file. XMMS now has nice track information in the
playlist, UNTIL it actually plays a particular track. At this point it
replaces this useful information with the crappy information in the MP3
file's tag. It won't go back to the #EXTINF info for that track unless
I reload the playlist. I've been through the options but there doesn't
seem to be any way I can make it ignore the crappy tag info. And no, I
am NOT re-encoding any of these files (unless possibly there is a way to
batch-write the tags in the files without recreating any of them.)
Anybody know how to to make XMMS behave itself?
Thanks,
Vaughn