Re: Embedded Guy

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Embedded Guy
Austin Godber wrote:
> der.hans wrote:
>> Rob Wehrle did a presentation on embedded stuff on hitachi SBCs.
>>
>> Deepak Saxena now lives up north, but has been doing ARM stuff for years.
>> He might also have someone in Phoenix to recommend as he'd been doing ARM
>> stuff at Intel while he lived here.
>>
>> Also, talk to Alan about embedded people he might know.
>>
>> If you're willing to hire a firm Monta Vista specialized in embedded stuff
>> and has and office in Tempe.
>>
>> Lots of other embedded people here in town, hopefully the right one will
>> contact you.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>
> Thanks Hans, I totally forgot about Deepak and Monta Vista. Are they
> still around? Up North means REALLY NORTH right? Not Cave Creek.

Deepak lives in Portland, Oregon last I heard from him. Yea, that is north!

Developers for embedded applications are hard to find. Then, when you
find them, they tend to be already booked. Good for me when it comes to
my job. Bad for me when wanting to find help!

Email me off list with a few more details about the project and whatever
level of detail you can share. I don't know anyone who is immediately
available, of hand, but all networking is good.

Alan