Re: openSuSe versus retail

Author: Ben
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: openSuSe versus retail
winmodem card support (auto detection and download/install of needed
packages, provided your system has a supported winmodem) particularly
for laptops can come in handy, as well as other auto download/install
of drivers for ATI and Nvidia cards make for easier installs.

I like the retail version for my laptop for winmodem support - which
is good to have when traveling. All but the winmodem support is doable
without the retail edition with just a little elbow grease. I config
my laptop with a majority drive slice for Ubuntu plus a small SuSE
install, just in case I need dial-up.

Uh, gee... Did I mention the winmodem support? Sheesh... Anyhoo, that's my .02

Ben