RE: vmware sound problem

Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: vmware sound problem
This has likely been answered already but...

The driver for your sound card are not required by the VM installation,
the VM installation of windows can not see your sound card, instead it
sees only the virtual sound card and the VM software handles the calls
through the host OS to the real sound card. The most likely scenario is
you forgot to plug in a virtual sound card. Go to Edit Machine Settings
and see if there is a sound card in you hardware list. If not then
click the +Add button and add one. You may want to add a USB controller
at the same time. As for the windows drivers, The sound card should use
standard SB16 drivers but to have your USB devices play nicely between
the host and the guest you should install the VMWare tools onto the gust
system.