Re: vmware sound problem

Author: Jim
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: vmware sound problem
Thanks Ray. I did see something this evening talking about a bug in
vmware for linux that causes the same problem I've been experiencing.

I checked the vmware documentation to find out what sound card the
virtual machine had, then downloaded the drivers for it, but still had
the problem.

I've heard of a few open source alternatives to vmware. I think I'll
try one.

Ray Cantwell wrote:
> Jim,
>     You will want to make sure that you have the proper sound drivers
> installed on the Windows guest OS. As far as VMWare is concerned the
> Windows install is a computer unto itself and will need all the drivers
> that any Windows box would need.
> Ray

> Jim wrote:
>> Yesterday I downloaded and installed VMware for linux and installed
>> windows to run as a guest. Everything works except the sound. When I
>> try to play a sound file on the guest (XP) it comes out sounding like
>> static with the last fraction of a second approaching something I could
>> recognize as what I was supposed to hear.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin