Ian Murdock, the "Ian" of Deb+Ian (Debian) is joining Sun Mi…

Author: Micah DesJardins
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Ian Murdock, the "Ian" of Deb+Ian (Debian) is joining Sun Microsystems
Wow,

End of an era in some ways, beginning of an era in other ways. For
anyone who knows me, it's no secret that I'm a big fan of Sun hardware
and software. They've been through some rough times but I think they
are finally getting things back together. Java is now Open
Source/GPL. Open Solaris is Open Source and there is heavy discussion
about taking the project GPL. Linux is awesome! I adore it, but I
also have soft spot for Solaris / Open Solaris as well and it's great
to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

http://ianmurdock.com/2007/03/19/joining-sun/

Micah