Re: mediawiki as CMS

Author: Alex Dean
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: mediawiki as CMS
Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I know wiki, as in wikipedia, is designed to be as open as possible, but how
> difficult is it to set it up so only logged in users can modify content?
> I am looking to setup an archive of information, but I don't want just anyone
> hopping on and making changes

Try adding this to LocalSettings.php

// unregistered users cannot read, edit, create pages, or create accounts
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = 0;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = 0;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createpage'] = 0;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createtalk'] = 0;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = 0;

// need to allow anonymous access to Userlogin.
$wgWhitelistRead = array("Special:Userlogin");