Mesa Regal InstallFest

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: PLUG List
New-Topics: Ubuntu update CD needed [WAS: Re: Mesa Regal InstallFest]
Subject: Mesa Regal InstallFest
Hey all,

Dennis and I (mostly Dennis) did a dog and pony show for some members of the
computer club at Mesa Regal (seniors' park) at Greenway & Main today. It
went quite well.

So well in fact that we now have a mini-installfest scheduled there for
Saturday Feb 17 from 9-4 (who says seniors don't move fast?!). Don't know
how 'mini' it'll be at this point, but I'm guessing 4-6 machines or so. Will
have a better count as the date nears, as there will be a sign up sheet.
We'll have wifi but no wired internet.

I'd like them to be prepared as much as possible ahead of time. We're
planning to have them run backups and defrags ahead of time. I'm guessing
that most installs will be dual boot with XP, possibly 98. We will be
installing the latest Ubunto (or Kubuntu if there's a preference).

Does anyone have a copy of a data-sheet of sorts that has been / can be used
to gather information about each host? CPU/ram/HD kind of stuff. I need it
tonight if possible. If I don't get one, I suppose I can whip up something.

If anyone would like to assist they're more than welcome to come. So far
Dennis (I hope!) and I are the only ones committed.

Thanks.

--
-Eric 'shubes'