Re: Microphone recording problem - Partial Solution

Author: Alan Dayley
To: nathan, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Microphone recording problem - Partial Solution
Nathan Aubrey wrote:
>> - Audacity recordings are clean but playback 1/2 live speed. (Huh?) By
>> applying a +100% speed effect, it sounds fine. Clumsy work-around but
>> at least it is not screaming at me there.
>
> Sounds to me like your mic system is capable of recording at 22.05hz only and
> not 44.1. So the system is trying to record, but only getting 22.05 and when
> you play back i t i s r e a l l y s l o w . . .
>
> Try changing it so it records at 22.05 in the settings and see if that fixes
> the play back.

Nathan, you put me on the right track but the opposite direction was
needed. When I set the sample rate to 22,050 Hz playback was even
slower. So I went the other direction with a setting of 96,000 Hz.
That resulted in playback at the correct speed. Nice and clean too.

Thanks for the help and ideas everyone.

Alan