Re: Processor speed

Author: Mike Garfias
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Processor speed
Overclocking isn't bad - intel and AMD do it all the time. When you
see a higher speed proc rated with a higher voltage (say 1.7v vs
1.5v) - thats been overclocked and they had to up the voltage to make
the proc run stable at that speed.

I have no idea what kind of system you're running, but in my
experience the best way to enhance response time is to drop in a
faster (rotationally) disk. The 5-10ms you save accessing a new file
makes a noticeable difference.