OT:Pocket PC, using as internet sharing host

+ (text/html)
Author: eric©
To: PLUG-discuss
Subject: OT:Pocket PC, using as internet sharing host
Ok, yeah..I know..sacriligious to use a Pocket PC :-P I've come up in an
interesting situation. I'm reinstalling Ubuntu on my Thinkpad, using Dapper
LTS. I'd like to be able to use my cell phone as a modem to download a few
packages, but the LTS doesn't include Bluetooth support out of the box, as
far as I can tell. I can easily connect to the internet via my iPAQ hx4700
pda via BT thru my cell phone. The iPAQ also has a 802.11b wifi connection
that I'd like to connect to my laptop, and share the internet thru. End
result - laptop connects to pda via wifi, pda connects to phone via BT.
Phone feeds internet to pda, which then forwards it to the laptop, enough so
that I can download the BT packages, at which point I can just connect the
phone directly to the laptop.

Can this be done?

Eric