New freedom links on website

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: New freedom links on website
Dennis had a some links in last night's presentation on gNewSense. I'm
sure he will provide them to us but I jumped the gun on at least one of
them. I've added three new links to the "Technology Freedom" catagory on
the PLUG website. I believe the second is one that Dennis mentioned.

I *HIGHLY* recommend them to everyone. The ability of both Eben Moglen
and Lawrence Lessig to vocalize and explain Freedom as it applies to
software and culture is second to none, IMO. Time listening or watching
these presentations is very well spent.

If you are on dialup or otherwise cannot download these presentations, let
me know. I'll be happy to help get them to you.

(Aside: Lessig really knows how to do a presentation! For almost all of
the video you are watching his slides but they enhance what he says
instead of detracting. Most of my presetations are slides that I talk
about instead of slides that support what I say. I must learn to do
presentations like Lessig does!)

Alan

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=32&Itemid=23

Eben Moglen on GPL 3.0
Eben Moglen, legal general council for the Free Software Foundation (among
other important things) talks about GPL 3.0 development and other issues
that touch on Free Software. Superb discussion!

Eben Moglen issues call to action!
Keynote speech delivered at the 2006 Red Hat Summit. American history and
ideals embodied in Free Software principles. Excellent education!

Free Culture: What we need from you
"Lawrence Lessig, Professor of Law, Stanford Law School. In this talk,
Professor Lessig describes the Free Culture movement, and the support it
needs from Free Software. The struggles and the threats are largely
parallel." (LinuxWorld 2006 Keynote)