Re: OT: tru64 issue

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: david, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: tru64 issue
> Off topic, I know. I don't know of a Tru64 user group, though.
>
> I'm having a strange issue with one of my true64 servers. about 2 weeks
> ago, the /etc/passwd file was zeroed out. Its at 0 bytes. However, we
> can still log on. Does tru64 cache login credentials anywhere? How is
> this possible?
>
> Thanks if anyone has any ideas, or can point me to an active Tru64 group
> :)

Do you have /var/tcb/files/auth.db or /tcb/files/auth.db?

Have a look at
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/pub_page/V51B_DOCS/V51B_DOCLIST.HTM

(By the BSD systems don't need a /etc/passwd file. Most Unix software uses
getpwent(3) family functions for accessing the user/password database(s).
On BSD systems, the real databases are real db files.)