Re: Yes.... Mepis was it:

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Yes.... Mepis was it:
wrote:
> Sorry about the typo. The reason I want to go with genuine Debian is apt-get is very good (well, it is all that I know) and with 'real' debian I don't have to worry about needing a 'special' repository. I mean, last I knew Mepis and Ubuntu had to use these 'special' repositories or things didn't work right.

Actually, kubuntu is a snapshot of debian so it has it's own
repositories. Last I checked Mepis is building on top of Debian and
Kubuntu. So it adds repositories in addition to the stock ones.

NOTE: Don't mix repositories unless you KNOW what you're doing. Using
debian and kubuntu repos together will get you a lot of broken system.

Mepis is taking those stock distros and adding even more packages to
them. I believe it has moved from debian to building on Kubuntu which
is built on debian.

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.