Hardware wows

Author: keith smith
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Hardware wows

Hey everybody,

Interesting night, last night.

I was configuring my AMD500 sever with Fedora Core 5.
All was going well thanks to everyone's replies on
Samba.

Samba is running and is it!

So I prodding along with my right leg against the case
of my full height tower, I touched the monitor with my
left index finger and I got a low grade shock where
my left leg was touching the case. WOW!!

Everything still worked for about 5 minutes. I
swapped RAM and it booted okay. Cycled a few more
times and it did not start at all. Not even the CPU
fan.

Because I am such a hardware guru :) I immediately
swap the mobo with an identical one. Still no go.

Well to make a long story short it seems the video
card and nic went bad. Once both were replaced wala
working. Hard drive, RAM, power supply ETC all work.

I wonder if it was just a coincidence - the shock and
the hardware failur about 5 minutes later?

Keith
Now it has been a few years

Keith Smith
http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html