Re: ubuntu wireless

Author: der.hans
To: nathan, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ubuntu wireless
Am 26. Oct, 2006 schwätzte Nathan England so:

>> When using gnome on Ubuntu there is a networking icon in the right of the
>> task bar at the top.
>>
>> Double-click to open the application, then choose to configure your
>> wireless interface. It'll give you a window for your password, but then
>> you'll be able to choose the various essid's that were found.
>

> This card will not scan for networks. None show up in this configuration box,
> nor on the command line. But if I type in the name manually as the essid it
> works great. Some tools scan differently and show ssid names when other tools
> won't so I wanted to try something else.
>
> iwlist eth1 scan returns an error. Any other ideas?

Ah, that might be a card or driver limitation.

A couple of my cards won't scan for networks because there is no support
for some thing that I've forgotten.

kwifimanager is the aplication that reported whatever capability not being
available.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Sysdamin Days Phoenix, 6-7 Nov, now with edu discount  https://LOPSA.org/
#  <allbery_b> wouldn't that be "shopping is hard, let's do math"?