Re: ubuntu wireless

Author: Nathan England
CC: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ubuntu wireless

> When using gnome on Ubuntu there is a networking icon in the right of the
> task bar at the top.
>
> Double-click to open the application, then choose to configure your
> wireless interface. It'll give you a window for your password, but then
> you'll be able to choose the various essid's that were found.

This card will not scan for networks. None show up in this configuration box,
nor on the command line. But if I type in the name manually as the essid it
works great. Some tools scan differently and show ssid names when other tools
won't so I wanted to try something else.

iwlist eth1 scan returns an error. Any other ideas?

nathan

--
Nathan England

http://www.paysonlinux.org/