Re: Wireless adapter advice

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Schwartz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Mike L Schwartz
Subject: Re: Wireless adapter advice
Thanks.
I still don't think I completely understand
how to interpret some of the answers / explanations, such as

> under Linux it's connection to the access point
> tends to be limited (NDISWrapper works, but
> it will still have issues, the kernel.org driver can
> only listen at this time). [...]

but this is still encouraging.
Btw, in a pinch, if I really needed to, I could [also]
get another (kind of) wifi card.
The one I have now is not internal,
it plugs in to a PCMCIA slot
on the side of the laptop.

However, I don't have time to work on it
(/slash, to use it) right now,
and I have several other computers
(at home, plus one at work)
so I don't need it right now;