Re: apache SSL help

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: apache SSL help
On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 15:08 -0500, wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <>:
>
> > a connection from outside always shifts...
> >
> > http://srv3.tobyhouse.com is redirected to https://cms.tobyhouse.com
> >
> > I would prefer to have the SSLRequireSSL directive and Redirect
> > Permanent /drupal directives for a lot of reasons but for now, they are
> > off.
>
> Put this in your config for port 80 :
>    # any http request which is not for /drupal will be redirected to https.
>    <LocationMatch "^/(?!drupal)">
>      Redirect / https://cms.tobyhouse.com/
>    </LocationMatch>

> And this in your config for port 443 :
>    # require SSL for all directories in the web root except /drupal
>    <DirectoryMatch "^/whatever/the/doc/root/is/(?!drupal)">
>      SSLRequireSSL
>    </DirectoryMatch>

----
Just to follow up (and thanks to Alex for his continued efforts), this
seems to do it for me...

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^127\.0\.0\.1$
RewriteCond %{HTTPS}       ^off$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)         https://your-domain/$1 [L,R]

where it allows connections from localhost not to be SSL but redirects
all non-https connections from everywhere else to ssl

Thanks

Craig