Re: sabayon (was fc6 slip)

+ (text/html)
Author: Patrick C
To: nathan, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sabayon (was fc6 slip)
Bleh. This probably doesn't apply to most of you, but still being under 18,
I can't just do whatever I want with the family network. I think it might
bother my little sister if all of a sudden our 15GB (not too much) music
collection was in OGG.

I think Sabayon is a pretty good family machine because it's very easy to
install and update software, and it comes with full multimedia capabilities
"out of the box." The other thing is that Sabayon has a very active (little)
community, so most problems you may have will be offered quick solutions on
the forums. I haven't had any really bad issues with it yet.

PS: I don't really care, and Craig might not care, if Linux ever comes to be
"mainstream." Maybe more popularity would give better proprietary hardware
support, but it'll come around anyway. As long as Linux works for me, I
don't care too much if it works for other people.