Re: Internet is up verification

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Internet is up verification
Why do you need to know within every couple of seconds? I'll be most high
volume sites would not notice a ping every minute or 30 seconds or even 10
seconds but the more often you did it, the more likely someone will not
like it.

If your requirement really is to know that it is down within a couple of
seconds, maybe paying for a monitoring service can be cost justified.

Just random thoughts from the sidelines...

Alan