FS/OSS 'vcal' calendaring client?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: FS/OSS 'vcal' calendaring client?
I am getting hit with more and more 'vcalendar' records as requests to
meet and invitations for events. I spend most of my time at work on MS
Windows but use Thunderbird for my email. Mozilla's calendaring app is
nice as far as it goes but appearently has no integration to process vcal
records from Thunderbird.

What FS/OSS on MS Windows calendaring client is recommended for this use?
I am willing to migrate to a different email client if required to get the
calendaring integration.

Other enviornment details:
- Access to the email server is via POP3.
- Some are recommending the use of Outlook, which I politely deride as
unacceptable for many reasons which I will not repeat here.