Re: SUSE 10.1 running slow

Author: Kenneth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: SUSE 10.1 running slow
That's only slightly older hardware than I'm running for my main machine. I
wouldn't expect it to be sluggish. The only times I've really seen
performance problems was when I compiled a kernel and forgot to include the
IDE chipset support, so the disk access times and cpu usage were horrible
during disk activity. I was even running for a while with a basic frame
buffer driver for video, without even any acceleration and I didn't noticed
any sluggishness.