Re: ThinkWiki

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ThinkWiki
Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> I just stumbled upon this wiki. Thought it might be of interest to any
> ThinkPad users on the list.
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

Yeah, this site is absolutely invaluable for getting some variations of
Thinkpads working under Linux.

Had I known about this site *before* recommending a Thinkpad purchase, I
would *not* have suggested the T43. The T43, with its asinine PATA to
SATA bridge and half-heartedly supported video card, can be made to
mostly work... as long as you don't want to do anything with external
monitors, resolution switching, suspending, or direct partition access
via vmware.