Knowledge control article?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Knowledge control article?
Remember this artcle by Richard Stallman?

It is a ficticious story about controls on the right to read in a
hopefully ficticious future. (Very interesting thought excersize if you
have not read it.)

Some years ago I found another similar story. It was also a ficticious
future where-in corporations owned the right to restrict the flow of all
information and knowledge. The part of the story I remember is how the
man in the story was so excited to finally have premission to recieve a
phone call from his daughter, now working for an undisclosed corporation
in an undisclosed location. They could control who she spoke with and
when as a means to control and prevent the spread of any knowldege of the
"intellectual property" owned by the company. Another point was that
higher education was so expensive and restricted you had to have a
corporate sponsor just to get in, with the agreement that you would work
for said company for a large number of years after graduation.

I'm trying to find this article online somewhere but have had no luck.
All my Google searches have so many hits and I haven't found the right
combination of terms to narrow the list. I could have sworn it was on the
GNU site but haven't found it there yet either.

If any of this sounds familiar and any of you have any hints about it,
please let me know. I'll go on looking...

Alan