Re: multiple default routes workaround

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: multiple default routes workaround
JT Moree wrote:
> Eric "Shubes" wrote:
>>> I just came across the ifplugd package mentioned in this month's TUX
>>> magazine (pg 13). It appears to handle multiple nic connections nicely,
>>> but there is no mention of wireless. I'm wondering how (if) it handles
>>> routing with multiple devices. You'll probably want to install ifplugd
>>> and check it out.
>
> i already use it and it doesnt work well with wireless in debian sarge.
> I still need to try it with kubuntu. Thanks for the reminder, I'll try
> it now.

just verified that it still does not work well with wireless and it also
has the same default route problem.

It can detect when a wireless network has gone down but can't bring it
back up. In my case it may have to do with the fact that i'm using
ndiswrapper but historically this is NOt been a feature of ifplugd (that
is handling wireless).

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.