RE: OT: Dell Hardware Warranty Support Job

Author: Steven G Wagner
To: 'Main PLUG discussion list'
Subject: RE: OT: Dell Hardware Warranty Support Job
There is an assessment test, 104 questions and you need to get 52 right.
They'll let you start training with the promise that you'll get your A+ by
the end of the initial training, which is four weeks. They will reimburse
you for the cost of your A+ exams.

I found out that's the only exam they're _currently_ reimbursing for, but
after 90 days the tuition reimbursement is $2100 a year and can be used
towards Linux+ prep classes, etc. Also, they're negotiating something with
Dell to try and set us up to get Dell certified also.

Email me if you're interested, I had dinner with the HR girl tonight and
she's figuring out when to start the next training wave this weekend.

When I was hired they gave me a month to wrap things up at my old job before
I started training on Sept. 5th. So depending on the training start date you
might have 2 months or more to actually get your A+. Let me know if you have
any questions or if you want me to refer you directly to HR.

Have a nice weekend,

Steve