Re: OT: Dell Hardware Warranty Support Job

Author: George Toft
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Dell Hardware Warranty Support Job
I didn't have the $4000 to go to a class to get my CISSP. But I found
enough online resources, including a study group how-to, for me to learn
the material. I also bought 3 books and read them. BTW - the Exam Cram
book was a flaming piece of poo.

The study group, which I formed, helped immensely. Basically, we read
one chapter per week and discussed it as a group every Wednesday. I
recommend it for anyone pursuing a cert. The Boson exams were good too
- well worth their cost.

Ask around - see how other A+ techs got certified. You might even be
able to mooch their books and practice exams and save a few $$$.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."