Re: Scanner Recommendations

+ (text/html)
Author: Ben Francom
To: Main PLUG discussion list, lists
Subject: Re: Scanner Recommendations
On 9/18/06, Ben Francom <> wrote:

> The downside is that they have a very narrow depth of field and any curved
> > object, say an open book won't scan well. Basically these scanners will
> > only
> > work with very flat copy. CCD scanners work better with 3D
> > opjects. Try
> > your watch or a leaf sometime.
>

> Good to know. Thanks Carl. I haven't scanned anything but 1 page (B/W)
> lineart. I'll have to test a couple things with more depth and post the
> pics.
> -Ben

I meant, thanks Dennis...and here are those pics
Blackberry
http://bfrancom.googlepages.com/bbscan.jpg

Pen
http://bfrancom.googlepages.com/penscan.jpg

Picture
http://bfrancom.googlepages.com/penscan.jpg

I wasn't satisfied with the picture scan as that the color depth wasn't
great, and there were some lines. I just used default settings on the
scanner @ 300dpi. Google's site creator doohickey reformatted my pics from
png's to jpg's, so there may have been a slight loss there too.
Don't know exactly what you need Carl, but hopefully this'll aid in your
decision.