Server install tips?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Server install tips?
I am about to install software on a server with a Kubuntu CD. The
server will be used for web site hosting so it needs a nice LAMP setup.

It is preferred to have VPS capability with control panels for each
virtual server. Even placing each virtual server in a UML or some other
isolated environment would be great.

What tips can you in the group provide for hints on this configuration
before I get started. Items like:

- - Partition structure
- - Packages to select
- - Important steps or selections
- - Anything else?

I have not done a VPS / UML / chrooted / whatever setup before. I hope
to jump-start from your experience to get it right the first time.

Alan