Samba setup assistance

+ (text/html)
Author: Boyd Tong
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Samba setup assistance
I have a wireless network with a MAC using OSX, a Windows 2000 Pro PC and a
Ubuntu 6.06 PC. All systems can access the internet through Qwest DSL. I
have downloaded Samba and am trying to understand the step-by-step
proceedures to allow communication between boxes. The first goal is to be
able to use the Ubuntu box as a print server for the three systems. The
second goal is to allow file sharing between the windows PC and the Linux PC
so I can weed out old files and transfer needed files to the Linux unit as a
step toward elimination of Windows. I have read parts of the Samba3-By
Example but I need additional help understanding how to setup configurations
for each box. I would be happy to bring the Linux system to a convienent
location for help.
Boyd